31 December 2006

Auld Lang Syne

Well, I've talked about resolutions for the new year already. I guess it's time to take stock of the year gone by. This year was a prolific one for me. I accomplished the following:
  1. I sewed 103 garments for myself. This includes about 5 non-wearable muslins.
  2. I sewed 14 garments for my husband.
  3. I sewed 1 dog bed for my pooch.
  4. I completed the first stage of a SWAP, which consists of 11 garments.
  5. I won second place in the Timmel SWAP contest.
  6. My SWAP clothing was featured in Australian Stitches magazine.
  7. I planned out several other full SWAPs and completed many of the pieces: here, here, here, here & here.
  8. I sewed a formal dress to wear to Prom.
  9. I got some summer sewing done.
  10. I started a blog.
All things considered, it was good year. I hope next year will be as good to me.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you and your loved ones flourish and find peace and joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new blog and on your truly prolific sewing! Happy New Year

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Shannon ~ I love the new blog! And dang, I thought I had done some sewing this year but you definitely have me beat! Can't wait to see what comes out of your sewing room in 2007.

Sharon Sews said...

Wow! I'm impressed with how much you sewed this year!

I like the new blog! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your sewing projects.

Unknown said...

Shannon - I was so glad to find you through Carolyn's blog. Welcome to blogland. I'll be interested to see what you can turn out in 2007 - way to sew in 2006!!

g

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon - I just connected to your blog via the Artisan's Square site and WOW - you have inspired me!! I read through your 12/31/06 post and saw all your completed garmets for the year!!! I just joined the SWAP for the first time. I am hoping it will get me moving on a new wardrobe!! Congratulations on a great sewing year, good luck in 2007!!

Kim