13 January 2007

Petticoat Junction

I have always been enamoured of dresses that require petticoats. It always reminds me of pictures of my mother when she was in her teens and early 20s. She had a wonderful fashion sense and she looks so young and vibrant in those photos. I sure do wish she had kept some of those dresses - although how was she to know that she had a daughter in her future more than a decade later? I guess what I'm trying to say is that petticoats give me a warm and fuzzy feeling deep down inside. I know some of you out there understand.

Here are my two latest vintage pattern acquisitions, Simplicity 3815 and Simplicity 3780:
Not only are these two dresses absolutely drool worthy, but they also both require petticoats. And, if that wasn't amazing enough, the envelopes include patterns for said petticoats! These patterns give me such inspiration that I'm already thinking ahead to spring. S3815 (view 2) will likely be made up in a rust or autumn gold coloured linen with a cream cotton batiste petticoat beneath. S3780 would be perfect in a teal print Liberty cotton that has a small scale print with a white petticoat trimmed in lace. Aah, such possibilities, so little time.

No comments: