18 January 2007

Tag - You're It!

Hey, I've been tagged! I've never been tagged before. Not once. Ever. And then I saw it - Mardel, over at Purls & Murmurs tagged me - me, little 'ole me.

So, here's the deal:
  • Get tagged by someone
  • Write down 5 things that have never been revealed on your blog before
  • Tag 5 others
Here goes:
  1. I have a strange fear of zombies. At each home that I have ever lived in, I actually think about how I would zombie-proof the place, should there ever be an outbreak of zombies. Yes, I know zombies aren't real - I'm not that crazy. Oddly enough, zombie movies are some of my favourites - hey, I believe in facing your fears - what doesn't kill you (and eat your brains), makes you stronger.
  2. When I got my dog, it took me two weeks to name him. I strongly believe you should get to know someone before you name him or her, so that the name fits the personality. I never understand how people can choose a name for their child prior to birth. Although I took a lot of grief at the time, it was worth it - I can't imagine any other name for him. His full name is Simon Freep. When he was a pup, he would find the highest point in any room and then fling himself off of it. This reminded me of Fearless Freep, from a Bugs Bunny - Yosemite Sam cartoon. The Freep character (Sam) is a vaudeville performer that dives into a tiny bucket, from a great height at the urging of Bugs.
  3. I love shoes. I am always on the quest for a beautiful, unique pair of shoes. At last count, I have 93 pairs (not including athletic shoes and winter boots). If I had more closet space, I'd most certainly have more shoes.
  4. My husband and I bought 4 acres of land a year and a half ago. We hope to build a house on the property next year. Oddly enough, the house that we want to build has a lot of closet (shoe) space.
  5. By training, I am an Organometallic Chemist. The chemistry research that I did during undergrad and grad school has been published in several scientific journals, like the Journal of the American Chemical Society. To get my M.Sc., I did 2 years of full-time research, attended classes, wrote an original 150 page thesis and defended that thesis in front of an audience. This was one of the most difficult, but rewarding times of my life.
Time to pass it on - I tag Marji, Stephanie, Barbara, Angie and Gaylen. If y'all feel compelled to play along, I will be interested to read what you have to say.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your list!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Shannon - this is getting spooky! You tagged two of the same people I tagged! First we buy the same fabric...then we do the same dress SWAP...sometimes our responses are the same....eerie! My father was a long distance truck driver...no couldn't be...*smile*

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got tagged! Loved your post.

Stephanie said...

I'm afraid of zombies, too! But I can't watch zombie movies. Something about zombies is so suffocating.

I have completed my tag post.

Unknown said...

No Shannon, I don't mind. Carolyn tagged me too. I did the post - go check :) Thanks for thinking of me :) g

angie.a said...

Ooh fun! My first tag too :D As soon as I get the laptop charged up i'm in! (still no power. is sad.)

Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said...

Hi, Shannon! Very interesting info about you. THanks for sharing. Stay tuned for my tag response...

Anonymous said...

Shannon - your shoe count made me laugh. I don't tally shoes I feel I am forced to buy, like runners, any work related footwear (Arctic boots, hip waders, hikers, etc.) either!