15 August 2007

Vogue 8258

Pattern: Vogue 8258 (view A)












Size: V8258 comes in sizes S (8-10), M (12-14) & L (16-18) - I made size S.

Fabric: Butterfly print cotton crinkle & white cotton blend eyelet; both fabrics are from Fabricland. Sorry, no picture of the eyelet, but it's pretty much just standard white eyelet - nothing fancy.














Project Photo:













Comments: I had a couple of pieces of fabric left over from two dresses I made last summer and they kept begging for my attention. Since I didn't have a lot of either fabric, I needed a pattern that used a small amount. I have always liked this pattern, but when I bought it, I had no idea which fabric I would use for it. Well, it must be kismet, because the pattern and the leftover fabrics were meant to be.

The two tops went together quite quickly - I actually made both tops and a dress (which I'll post about later) in a day and a half. I love instant gratification! I really like how the two tops look and they will look cute worn over white tank tops on hot days.

Conclusion: I really like this pattern and I have plans to make it again in some burnout velvet. I can see view C done in the fabric below that is in my stash:


Update on Go With the Flow Dress: Obviously, I have not done much more on this dress since I have been sewing other things. I will be getting back to it this afternoon, though. Sometimes I just need to step away from an involved project to clear my mind. And what better way to clear one's mind than to sew? I find if I am having a brain block on a major project sewing something fun and easy can often help unclog the neurons. So, stay tuned - I hope to have the bodice completely constructed by this evening.

10 comments:

Lisette M said...

Very good use of leftover fabrics. I have made this pattern twice and I will use it again.

Sharon Sews said...

Nice jackets! I like how the fabric choices make each look so unique. I have also made a jacket from this pattern and after seeing your reviews I think I'll pull it out and make a few more!

Summerset said...

I really like the burnout - these cute little jackets will look great in that fabric, too!

Erica Bunker said...

Those jackets are so pretty and the fabric is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your jackets, much more than the picture drawings on the envelope. I have the pattern, so I will finally pull it out and sew one.

Vicki said...

You are being very productive! Very cute tops.

Lori said...

Pretty tops and great use of leftover fabrics.

Marji said...

Pretty tops Shannon. Cute little butterfly print too. That velvet burnout is wonderful.

angie.a said...

I missed this pattern. Very cute! I love them! Wonder if they'll make me bum look a mile wide?

Love the burnout velvet, that looks just like you!

Linda L said...

Great looking jackets! Good use of leftover fabric.