18 March 2010

The Emmafication Begins...

In my quest to Emmaficate (Emmafy?) my spring wardrobe, I've decided to start with a skirt.  Although Emma typically wears pencil skirts, they are not always a flattering look for me if the pattern is not just right, so I will be focusing on the style of her fuller skirts for now.  To that end, I will be creating McCall's 5591 in a lightweight coral and green floral cotton broadcloth that came in a free bundle from Fabric Mart.


I will be making view C (without the ribbon trim at the hem).  This puppy is c.u.t.e.  Just look at the nifty pleats, the fab waistband/yoke and it has pockets!  I'll be back with updates...

P.S.  I haven't abandoned this dress.  It's just this Emma inspiration has grabbed me by the scruff and demanded to come to realization.  And you all know how inspiration works, right?  Must drop everything and create now!

9 comments:

marisa said...

I look forward to seeing your progress on this skirt! I think it's super cute as well, and I just love the pocket detail.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

As long as you are sewing...I'm happy! :)

amber said...

Sounds adorable. I'm such a sucker for pockets, so that would have won me over, too.

Anonymous said...

Funny - I recently got the urge to make a similiar skirt. I'm doing Butterick 5285. Looking forward to yours!

Carol said...

Really looking forward to seeing your interpretation of this style. See, it's a good thing you bought all those cardigans. In fact, you might need to buy some more.

Marie-Christine said...

You can always add a pocket.. But anyway, spring sewing is a good thing, as long as spring follows along.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

You are so funny. I think it will look lovely, can't wait to see.

Eugenia said...

That skirt is going to be totally cute and just right for your new Emma look. You're right to drop everything and get going on this!

Teddylyn said...

Really cute--can't wait to see the finished product. You are really good at seeing your style and sewing for it.

Lynda in LV