15 March 2010

Lacquer Lundi

Can I get a "Yee Haw!"?

I am officially on March Break (or Spring Break or Reading Week or I Really Needed a Week Off So I Don't Kill Your Kids Week or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods).  And Chef Boyardee, do I need a vacation.  Last week was insane - between Progress Reports and Parent-Teacher Interview Night, I am practically rocking in a corner, mumbling to myself.  So, I don't have a whole lot of polish spam for you.  But, hey, it nevers hurts to leave 'em wanting more...

On to the pretties:

Rimmel Play Fast - Mouthy
- purchased at Rexall (chain drug store) for $3.26 CDN

Looking for a sweet polish that looks juicy and delicious?  Then look no further than Mouthy with its delicious medium peach base and subtle gold shimmer.  It's vitamin D in a bottle.  This will certainly see time on my toes this summer - what a fabulous pedicure colour!

Mouthy applied nicely due to the lovely polish consistency and the pleasingly wide brush (I adore the Rimmel brushes - they make application a breeze).  It did, however, take three coats to be completely opaque.  I prefer a polish that eliminates all visible nail line in one or two coats, but the third coat on this one wasn't a bear to apply, so I'll let it slide.  Mouthy wore well, with just tip wear after two days.


Color Club - Worth the Risque
- purchased from Head2Toe Beauty for $2.50 US

Worth the Risque is an amazing silver holographic polish.  It isn't that the colour is all that unique - other companies have silver holographics.  It's the quality.  Read on for an explanation.

Normally, I have issues with holos being streaky or weird on the first and often second coats, but I had none of those issues with this Color Club beauty.  Both coats of Worth the Risque applied wonderfully and covered flawlessly.  It also dried quickly.  But the real prize is in the wear- after four days I have barely perceptible tip wear (which is almost unheard of for me - I use my hands a lot and I do not baby my nails) and not a chip in sight.  I imagine I could get a full week of wear with this polish and still have a fresh looking manicure (not that I think my polish ADD would allow me to wear the same colour for seven days - must have change).  I will certainly be purchasing more Color Club polishes if this polish is any indication of the company's quality.

5 comments:

angie.a said...

I'm so jealous. I am still rocking in the corner and mumbling for one more week. ;)

As for that silver holo polish. WOW. I just got my head2toe order Friday, from your LAST lacquer lundi post! (I got the green holo you posted, plus several more from that collection!) I was trying to be good, but I may have to go have a look see at that silver.

Carol said...

I love the orange! I am in need of a mental health break, too. DH is going away for four days next week and I will not be leaving the property or speaking to anyone the whole time. My sewing machine will be serviced by then and I have a stack of good books to read. I've even planned to cook a whole bunch of things in preparation so I don't have to interrupt my sewing, knitting or reading time with something as mundane as food preparation.

Anonymous said...

Love that Mouthy polish!
My daughter-in-law is on March Break too and enjoying having a break from her Grade 5 students.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

So are you going to sew any while you are off this week or will you need the entire week to recover!?

Paige said...

Those are gorgeous colors!