9 November 2010

They Call me Karl

I have expressed my love for Cleaner's Supply in the past.  The prices are exceptional, the customer service is impeccable and the shipping is inexpensive (free, if you buy enough) and fast.  I normally buy all my thread from Cleaner's Supply - they have an excellent selection of Guterman and Maxi-Lock.  I have also purchased some other supplies, like chalk, snaps, a sleeve board and machine needles.

Recently, I received a $10 off a $100+ purchase coupon.  Not one to waste such an opportunity, I decided to buy myself something that I have wanted forever.  I have salivated over the  Fairgate Fashion Designer's Carry-All Kit for years.  It contains:

"Everything you need in a handsome briefcase. Kit includes tools for designing, measuring and finishing: Designer's L-square, Half size L-square, Curve Stick, Variform curve, Variform long curve, Straight edge, Cuff width marking rule, and pattern-making guide."

I cannot wait to get my hands on this fab kit!  I'm pretty sure that by simply owning these tools, I can officially be called a Fashion Designer.  Am I right?  So, effective immediately, I will dye my hair white, don leather driving gloves and dark sunglasses.  I will begin to speak in odd riddles and confound all those around me.  I will singlehandedly revitalize the house of Chanel (except I will rename it, "Shanel").  It's gonna be awesome!

13 comments:

shams said...

Oh wow, that set looks great!!

Anne L said...

Oh yes, of course you will, and you will do it with style! :-)

meredithp said...

Will you sally around with a scantilly clad boy-toy, too? :-) Love the ruler kit. Karl is one odd dude, the older he gets :-)

Ann Made Studio said...

I took a Pattern Drafting Course a few years ago,it was part of a Fashion Designer program at our college here,, they had an extra seat available in class,and yes I "had" to buy this exact kit, so I could fit in with the almost certified Fashion Designers. It does
make you feel special to have all these tools :) I know you will have fun with them.

Toby Wollin said...

Shannon -- Cleaner's Supply is a local success story. They started out as a dry cleaners/tuxedo rental firm and then got out of the tuxedo business. They are probably 6 times as big as they were when they started. From a business development standpoint, the 'youngsters' in the family who head the business saw the writing and the opportunity on the wall and were able to not only save the family business, but grow it as well. Genius.

kiltsnquilts said...

Lol, thanks for making me smile....love the idea of the House of Shanel! I think it goes without saying that owning that piece of amazing kit will make you the best qualified designer around :-)

Enjoy :-)

Elaray said...

How often have we heard the right tools make any job easier. You now have the tools to take over the fashion world. :)

Sz said...

I'd skip the white hair. Your red looks so lovely and vibrant. But I can see the boy toy, one step suitably behind you, walking Hartley, who of course is sporting the latest in your Designer Doggie Duds.

gMarie said...

I love it! Shanel - can't wait to see what you produce. g

Sigrid said...

:-) Shanel. Looking forward to your creations.

Linda L said...

Shanel it is!!! I am happy you are getting these fashion designing tools. I have seen these several times on other sites. I know you will make great use of them.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the House of Shanel, and it all started with the "Fairgate Fashion Designer's Carry-All Kit" if I am not wrong? Would be designers please note.

Tany said...

WOW, I want one too!!!